otakitty
Loading...

I didn't go to MegaCon, but...

Wow! It’s really been such a long time! I haven’t had the chance to properly announce myself as returning to the “scene,” and at this point it’s not even completely certain, but one very life changing thing has happened: I’ve graduated college!

In December (of last year) I finally completed my undergrad education and got my bachelor’s in Communications. During my last two years of college I really had to drop everything else going on around me to focus all my time and energy into doing things right. During my first couple of years, I used to go to school part time so I could also work, and because of that it was starting to take a veeerryyy long time to complete my degree. Thankfully, everything started going very well during my senior year; I collaborated on some academic research, did an awesome internship, and graduated with honors; all in all, it was well worth it!

Just recently, I started working with a marketing agency, fortunately my schedule is very flexible and my work is very interesting so I’m really happy at the time about how things have turned out because it means that eventually (sooner rather than later) I can start to cosplay again! :D

The main thing holding me back right now is that all my supplies are piled up in a huge mess in the garage… and I have to create a suitable work space that is not my house’s dining room. I’ve also been less motivated ever since Junicorn left to Japan. She’s been living there for almost 2 years now and I haven’t found another cosplay partner as enthusiastic or in tune with me as she was. Sometimes I try to prod Tewibewi into making a comeback with me, but just then adult life gets in our way and we shift our priorities.

I also have a difficult time deciding WHAT I should cosplay. There’s lots of things I want to do, there’s even a project I’m already 25% started on, others I’ve bought material for, and yet more that have recently caught my interesting.

Among that, it looks like the next sure thing for me will be Animazement… My friend Melvinopolis finished watching AKB0048 and got hooked on that idol cuteness. I've been wanting to do an idol group cosplay for a while, I love Jpop and idol culture. At first I thought AKB48 was too much too handle (so many girls!), but after watching the anime, I started getting hooked on the real thing and my fandom grew...

My usual gripe with idol groups is that everyone is so young, and cute, and leggy... (all attributes that are declining for me) but I think I've found a character that I can pull off well, and actually like: Mimori Kishida! She fills the sexy archetype in the series and is a little more voluptuous than the other girls.

Elsie & Mimori - my next cosplays?

The second character in my cosplay plans is Elsie from The World Only God Knows. She reminds me of Shinobu-chan in a lot of ways, and I love her ridiculously optimistic demeanor.

Oh yeah! My main reason to go to Animazement was to finally get to see KOTOKO perform, so maybe it's a good idea to do a Mizuho (Onegai Teacher) cosplay as well? hmm... what do y'all think!?

岸田未森 176159134923330716

Post a Comment Default Comments Disqus Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

Facebook Page