otakitty
Loading...

Ky Kitty in Lolita dress

At the very least I wanted to blog to be up to date with my artworks. This piece is probably THE most elaborate illustrator project I've ever finished, and it was off the deep end with how much layering and gradients I ended up using. (click on any picture to enlarge)


This character is an OC by another deviantArt user, and the original artist was running a contest to have her characters drawn. I picked the catgirl character and went full ham with pink and purple!


Of COURSE there is a nude version. I already go through so much trouble layering the clothes, completing the nude is my own treat. I also tried using pink/purple gradient for shading the skin as well as doing the linework in pink. It gives warmth and glow to the whole piece that I had not achieved before.

Gradients on the eyes! on the hair! on the lips! on the nips! 



This is my first pencil sketch for this illustration. I think the face changed quite a lot once I did the vector work in Illustrator.

This is the "clothing" layer, originally done in tracing paper.

I've gotta say, this piece is probably the pinnacle of my artwork back then, specially looking back at it all these years later. Thinking of all the hours I put in to create an illustration like this, I wonder if I still have in in my to draw anything of this caliber ever again.

Her face is totally one of my favorite things I've ever drawn.
illustrator 2119907942052028800

Post a Comment Default Comments Disqus Comments

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

Facebook Page